“I am Cerridwen, keeper of the Cauldron, Goddess of Renewal, Lady of Transformation, Mother of Inspiration. My Cauldron is the Womb of Life Itself. It is the Cauldron of Wisdom, Inspiration, Rebirth, and Transformation. Its brew is an undeniably powerful source of primal wisdom. Drink, embrace death in its many forms, and learn the secrets of immortality.” Pronounced ‘Ke-ri-dwen’, and also spelled Ceridwen or either way but with a ‘K’ instead of a ‘C’, she is known under many guises; She is a Triple Goddess, the Great Mother, the Old one, the Wise Crone, the White Lady of Inspiration and Death, the Goddess of dark, prophetic powers. In Welsh Celtic mythology, Cerridwen gave birth to one of the greatest Bards, Taliesin. It is said the Cerridwen had two children with her husband, Tegid Foel; there was her daughter, Crearwy, who was light and beautiful, and then her son Afagddu who was reputedly the ugliest man in the world, (it could be seen that these two children represent the...
Roughly five years ago I started working with the Gaulish Goddess Nantosuleta - I even wrote a post back then when I was first starting out with everything that I had found on her. Unfortunately there just isn't much out there which is a shame. She has proven to be a great Goddess who still helps me all these years later. So I thought I would write another post, to help get a bit more information out there now I've had the time to work with her more. Nantosuelta is a Goddess of abundance, and she is very giving. In fact, she likes to give! There were a few months where I didn't really want or need anything, as I had all that I wanted. So I continued to pray to her, leave offerings, but didn't really ask much of her. During this time, I felt our connection waning. I feel it is at its most strongest when I am also giving her the chance to give, by asking for help with a specific issue, or when blessing my house, for example. You will find once you have built up this...
I got a call from my parents the other weekend saying one of our cats had died. We had had them since I was 14 (16 years now) - they were fully a part of the family. I was quite upset, shed a few tears, and wanted to do something in way of a little memorial for him. I've called this 'lesser grief' as I in no way find it comparable to, say, losing a parent for example. However, we all have pets, celebrities, people we may know whose deaths do upset us and we want to do something to remember them. For this I created a 'memorial' oil out of eldar, frankincense and cypress (using olive oil as a base; for more information on making oils see my post here ) to dress a candle. By Daniil Ryzhkov - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=19889437 I dressed a white candle, white being the colour of peace, hope and purity, and thought about my little kitty - the memories I had of him and what he meant to me...
Comments
Post a Comment