Divination With The Clow Cards

So for a while now I've owned a pack of Clow Cards. There was an anime which was shown on TV when I was a kid called 'Cardcaptor Sakura', in which Sakura used a deck of 52 cards (well, 54 but I go by the standard 52 card deck) which all represented an element or quality, such as 'The Cloudy' and 'The Time' to not only control those particular elements, but to divine the future. I was completely in love with that program, and the Clow Cards, and always wanted my own deck. Finally, I had the money to buy one.

The Clow Cards have been 'paired' with tarot cards and their meanings, but it is actually very difficult to find an definitive meanings for the cards online, as you can with tarot. There is a handbook which comes with the cards, with online English translations which includes the cards individual meanings; however, the translation isn't exactly helpful.

So, I thought I would do a reading, and then record my own, intuitive meanings for each card, along with their 'official' meanings, to see if their are any similarities, and ultimately, just how useful the online information is.

I've been having a bit of an 'identity crisis' of late; my life has changed quite dramatically from what it once was, and as a result I have had to take a very hard look at some of my behaviours and work out whether these are behaviours and traits I want to hold on to in this new, much better, chapter of my life. And I have to admit, it isn't as easy or clear-cut as I would have thought. So, my question was asking the Clow Cards to help me solve my identity crisis. I poured my intent into the cards and shuffled them appropriately, before laying them in the general reading spread, which you can see a diagram of below. The idea is, once you have shuffled your cards, to count the top four and lay the fifth card in the 1st card position, count another four and lay the tenth card in the 2nd card position, and so forth until you have put the 9th card into place. The 10th card is taken directly from the bottom of the pile.


http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/iamsentai/general.jpg

So here are the cards I pulled, followed by the meanings I interpreted and then the meanings from the information online:

Card 1: The 'Content' of the Problem: "The Twin" (Reversed). I feel like I'm split in two, like the many aspects of my personality don't fit together. "No idea what the official meaning for this was, something about associating with people who are genuinely thankful, maybe...."

Card 2: The 'Cause' of the Problem: "The Libra" (Reversed). Lack of balance in my life. "Life, action, balance of ideas. Need to reflect but move on from the past".

Card 3: Past Influences: "The Stormy": In the past my actions have been influenced by my crazy and mental emotions. "Intense emotions, suppressed fear and emotions will come to the surface. Stop being pessimistic and start being assertive in your opinions".

Card 4: External/Environmental Factors: "The Fight": Need to gain control and balance. Take up martial arts? "An omen, a turning point. You will be thanked for taking the lead without hesitation and for going through trouble willingly for others. Misfortunes can be fixed.

Card 5: Solution to the Problem: "The Maze": Need to work out in what direction I want my life to head and how I will get there, draw my 'route'. "Losing confidence, confusion. Decide what you want to achieve. Listen to the advice of others".

Card 6: The 'Keyword' to Solving the Problem: "The Windy": Just go for it, no matter what the opportunity or how crazy it seems. Get creative with my choices and try everything. "Progress, completion, expectation. A time of change and activity. Caution. Important to make decisions. Be wary of how you treat others in public or behind their backs."

Card 7: Obstacles That May Need Overcoming: "The Song": I need to express myself more and more confidently. "Joy, harmony, healing energy. Express yourself freely but respectfully. Find happiness in others, not alone."

Card 8: The 'Future' of the Problem: "The Little" (Reversed): Need to not doubt myself or let feelings of inferiority get to me. "A small but meaningful transition period. Don't doubt yourself. Little by little, you can achieve anything.

Card 9: Outcome/Result of the Problem: "The Big" (Reversed): Don't chase or try to be something I'm not, don't let my ego take over as ultimately that will lead to disappointment. "Intense desire. 'Level Up' in life. Big possibility and ability."

Card 10: How Other's May View the Problem from the Outside: To be honest, I don't care how anyone else views my problem, so I didn't bother with this card really.

My interpretations were very similar, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out. The main things I have taken away from that reading are that I need to find more balance in my life in general, spiritually, physically and mentally. Maybe taking up something like martial arts or yoga will assist in that. I need to acknowledge the past, but move on from it. I need to decide exactly what it is I want to achieve from life and think about how I'm going to achieve it. I need to express myself more, and be more creative, say yes to every opportunity. I need to not doubt myself, and be true and honest with myself. 

Comments

  1. Hi! I just ordered the sakura cards iwas hoping the clow/sakura cards can be great for lightworkers and earthangels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just ordered the sakura cards iwas hoping the clow/sakura cards can be great for lightworkers and earthangels

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Working with the Celtic Goddess Cerridwen

The Lesser Banishing Ritual Of The Pentagram: How To Perform

The Gaulish Goddess Nantosuelta